Some of the most popular dental topics discussed in Cary, NC relate to cosmetic dentistry, such as teeth whitening, veneers, and dental implants. However, the desire to avoid cavities is still the main reason for local residents to visit their dentists, so today the Cary Family Dental blog is going to highlight the 5 things you need to know about cavities. It’s always in your best interest to find ways of improving your dental health in Cary, so don’t forget to call and schedule an appointment with Cary Family Dental for a checkup.
1. Cavities can also be called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged on the surface, tiny openings start to occur. These little holes are what we call cavities.
2. Frequent eating, consuming sugary beverages, and poor dental hygiene are all factors that contribute to tooth decay. Furthermore, oral bacteria can also cause cavities, so be sure to pay attention to your dental health in Cary.
3. Cavities may get so bad, that you will see pits or holes in your teeth. Other symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you experience any of these symptoms, you should call your dentist today for an appointment.
4. Cavities are more common among children, but that doesn’t mean adults can’t get them. Take precautions and be sure to keep good dental habits.
5. Avoiding cavities is simple. Be sure to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right and avoid snacking, and have regular visits with your dentist.
If you are in the market for quality dental care in the Cary area, give Cary Family Dental a call. We have been treating dental patients in and around Raleigh, NC since 2003. We can also answer any questions you have about cosmetic dentistry or dental health in Cary. Our staff is caring and professional, so no matter what procedure you come in for, we’ll treat you with the utmost respect.
Contact Cary Family Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):