A Movie Star Smile
Many oral health solutions have the ability to give you the new healthy smile you deserve. We not only specialize in traditional, custom dentures but also implant-supported dentures as well.
At Cary Family Dental in Cary near Morrisville and Apex, NC, we offer implant supported dentures. The all on 4 implant denture process involves permanently attaching your dentures to four strategically placed dental implants. The procedures offers tremendous benefits, greatly improving your oral health while improving your quality of life.
How Implant Supported Dentures Work
This important advancement in modern dental technology involves affixing your dentures to four dental implants that replace the original root of your tooth. Dr. Acton has a multitude of satisfied patients who have opted for the same day dentures procedure.
The benefits involved have simplified their daily living and made the usual complications with traditional dentures non-existent. One of the most amazing benefits of the same day dentures treatment is that the whole procedure can be completed in one day.
Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures
- Permanence | A troublesome concern with traditional dentures is that they can often shift or fall out, causing you unnecessary embarrassment. Implant-supported dentures are permanently attached to your jawbone with dental implants, and you never need to worry about shifting again. There’s a reason implant supported dentures are also known as “permanent dentures”.
- Eat What You Like | A traditional denture can prevent you from eating a variety of different foods but with implant-supported dentures you can eat whatever you like!
- Convenience | Your oral hygiene is simplified with implant-supported dentures. There is no need to remove the denture for cleaning and you can care for them just as you would care for your natural teeth.
- Aesthetics | Your implant-supported dentures will not only improve your oral health, but will also give you a beautiful, natural looking new smile.
- Functionality | Locator attachments greatly improve the retention and chewing ability of a complete denture.
All-On-4 Dental Implants
A Complete Denture with 2 or 4 Locator Attachments is an appliance that replaces all of the teeth in one jaw. It is not cemented in the mouth and can be taken out. Locator Attachments are connected to dental implants that are placed in the jawbone. The Locator Attachments connect the Complete Denture to the implants.
Locator attachments wear out over time and need to be replaced. Denture acrylic covering the locator attachment may chip if it is thin due to limited space in the mouth.
To keep the tissue under the appliance healthy and to prolong the life of the locator attachments, your denture should be left out of your mouth during sleep. The teeth in the denture are not as strong as your natural teeth and you will not be able to chew as heavily on them. The appliance will tend to get food trapped underneath it and you may have to remove and clean it after eating.
What Our Patients Are Saying!
As a first time patient, I was warmly welcomed and every person I came in contact with was very friendly. I received a thorough cleaning and was very informed of my needs and any procedure that might be performed.Cindy Covil
I have been a patient of Dr. Acton's for 19 years. You can trust him to listen to you and address your needs and/or fears. He has the most up to date procedures and invest in training all of the staff on both the latest techniques and customer service... I feel safe and well cared for at each of my appointments.Darlene Germano
Dr. Acton is great at what he does and I highly recommend using Cary Family Dental as your new Dentist! PS - their new building is awesome and they have TVs on the ceiling so you can watch when you are getting cleaned!Nathan Campbell
I have been with cary family dental for a few years now and always leave happy! I actually am looking forward to going to this dentist. All staff is always friendly and seem to really care about my well being.Ida Kaeser