Dental Bridge and Dental Crown Solutions for the Apex, NC Area
Restorative dentistry can give you back a smile that increases your confidence while giving you a stunning new look. If you have missing or damaged teeth, a dental crown or a dental bridge may be the restorative dentistry solution that is perfect for you.
What is Restorative Dentistry?
Our doctors have a fantastic record with restorative dentistry procedures, including full mouth reconstruction services in the Morrisville and Apex, NC area. Before treatment, Dr. Acton will inform you about all your oral health options and partner with you to determine the best treatments for your unique situation.
Benefits of Restorative Dentistry Services
Oral Health | Many medical professionals believe that dental problems can often be the precursor to other serious health concerns (gum disease has been tied to heart disease by some). Restorative dentistry is an important preventive measure to avoid future problems.
Improve Appearance | If you’ve been suffering with any number of unsightly oral issues, restorative dentistry can truly be a life changing solution and make you feel incredible about how you look and feel.
What material is in a filling?
A filling is a mixture of a tooth colored resin with clear glass particles that give it strength.
What are the benefits of a filling?
Tooth colored fillings come in many shades so they very closely match the color of natural teeth. They are bonded into place and require less removal of healthy tooth structure than silver fillings.
What are the risks of a filling?
- Tooth colored fillings are limited because they seal a tooth but do not prevent it from breaking.
- Tooth colored fillings may fracture; the larger the tooth colored fillings, the greater the risk of fracture.
- Preparing for and placing a tooth colored filling can irritate the tooth and cause temporary sensitivity which may last for up to 3 months.
How can an existing bite affect a filling?
Bite problems may lead to the filling or tooth breaking or loosening.
Are there any post-treatment restrictions once I have a filling?
- A filling may have a good color match with your natural tooth when it is placed but less of a match as your natural tooth ages.
- Tooth colored fillings can collect stain over time from foods such as black tea, coffee and wine.
- Tooth colored fillings may chip or break if used for abnormal activities (e.g. biting finger nails, opening bottles).
Schedule a Restorative Dentistry Appointment in Cary
Call us today to find out more information on all of our restorative dentistry services and to set up a consultation with our doctors! We serve patients throughout the Raleigh-Durham area including Morrisville, Apex and, of course, Cary, NC.