Headache Relief at Cary Family Dental near Morrisville and Apex NC
What is TMD?
If a problem arises in the area of your TMJ, including complications with the tissues, muscles or ligaments, it is considered to be TMD. Dr. Acton has provided TMJ treatment to patients throughout the Cary area, from Morrisville to Apex, NC and can address the issue you may be having by developing a TMJ treatment plan specifically for you.
Common symptoms of TMD
TMJ treatment will address the numerous symptoms you may be experiencing:
- Headaches/Migraines | If you have been suffering with headaches including debilitating migraines, TMJ may very well be the culprit. Headache relief may be yours with effective TMJ treatment.
- Clicking Jaw | Jaw clicking or popping on either side is a predominant symptom of TMD, and can cause severe pain or discomfort when talking or eating certain foods.
- Teeth Grinding | Another common sign of a TMJ condition is teeth grinding or clenching, particularly during the night while you sleep. Many patients seeking TMJ treatment don’t ever realize that this is happening, which is why it’s important to visit a qualified specialist.
- Tinnitus | TMD can even cause problems with your hearing, such as tinnitus. The most common sign of tinnitus is hearing certain frequencies, often referred to as ringing in the ears, when there is no sound present.
- Face/Neck Pain | Experiencing discomfort in the muscles of the face or neck can eventually be the cause of further complications and increased pain, traditional headaches and migraines.
If you recognize any of these symptoms, including headaches and migraines, popping joint in the jaw, or pain, contact us today at Cary Family Dental to discuss Dr. Acton’s effective TMJ treatment options!