Benefits of Dental Crowns
- Dental crowns are most often used when your existing tooth is too damaged for other traditional dental procedures like fillings.
- If your damaged tooth is exceptionally weak, a tooth crown could strengthen the existing structure and provide necessary protection.
- Dental crowns can be used to support a dental bridge if needed.
- A tooth crown is also used as a cap for a dental implant and becomes a beautiful and permanent replacement for a missing tooth.
Dental Crown Procedure
- The first step involves taking a mold of the natural tooth that will be replaced by the tooth crown. A cap for teeth (dental crown) will be created especially for you.
- The second step involves Dr. acton shaping your natural tooth so the tooth crown will fit perfectly.
- After the new dental crown is made it is affixed to your natural tooth that was reshaped to receive the new dental crown.
- Finally, after your dental crowns are placed, Dr. Acton may make some very slight adjustments to ensure that each tooth crown is properly aligned with your other teeth.
What Our Patients Are Saying!
As a first time patient, I was warmly welcomed and every person I came in contact with was very friendly. I received a thorough cleaning and was very informed of my needs and any procedure that might be performed.Cindy Covil
I have been a patient of Dr. Acton's for 19 years. You can trust him to listen to you and address your needs and/or fears. He has the most up to date procedures and invest in training all of the staff on both the latest techniques and customer service... I feel safe and well cared for at each of my appointments.Darlene Germano
Dr. Acton is great at what he does and I highly recommend using Cary Family Dental as your new Dentist! PS - their new building is awesome and they have TVs on the ceiling so you can watch when you are getting cleaned!Nathan Campbell
I have been with cary family dental for a few years now and always leave happy! I actually am looking forward to going to this dentist. All staff is always friendly and seem to really care about my well being.Ida Kaeser