A Movie Star Smile
Porcelain veneers are small, natural looking tooth coverings that are made to look like your natural tooth. They can be an easy solution for a variety of common dental problems, including teeth that have become damaged or cracked, or have been stained from a variety of foods or certain medications. A dental veneer is applied directly to the surface of your tooth, giving you a natural looking and stunning new smile. Dr. Acton has the expertise to determine if porcelain veneers for teeth are the right choice for you if you are in the Cary – Morrisville – Apex, NC area, and give you a gorgeous, healthy new smile.
Porcelain Veneers are Commonly Recommended For
- A Chipped Tooth | As you well know, accidents happen. If you’ve accidentally chipped a tooth while eating or by some other means, porcelain veneers for teeth are the ideal solution to give you back your beautiful, confident smile.
- A Cracked Tooth | Over the years teeth can become weak, eventually resulting in a crack. Dr. Acton can apply a dental veneer to your damaged tooth to provide strength and restore beauty … while improving your overall dental health.
- Gaps in Teeth | If you have extra spacing between your teeth from either shifting or the loss of a tooth, porcelain veneers for teeth can quickly close up those unsightly gaps.
- Teeth that are Crooked | You may not have been born with the perfect smile, but veneers for teeth can change that in almost an instant. Porcelain veneers can be an excellent alternative to traditional braces, which can be painful and take up to two years before the treatment is complete.
- Teeth that are Misshapen | A beautiful, even, and symmetrical smile can easily be achieved with porcelain veneers. At Cary Family Dental, we can give you an incredible smile using this beautiful and natural looking alternative.
Porcelain Veneers FAQ
Veneers are made of very thin tooth-colored porcelain.
- Veneers can change the size, shape and color of teeth.
- Veneers are porcelain and will not stain.
- Veneers remove minimal tooth structure and are the most conservative porcelain restoration.
The risks to the veneer are:
- Preparation for a veneer permanently alters the tooth underneath the veneer.
- If the cement seal at the edge of the veneer is lost, decay may form at the juncture of the veneer and tooth.
- Preparing for and placing a veneer can irritate the tooth and cause post-operative sensitivity which may last for up to 3 Months.
The risks to the tooth are:
- Porcelain may chip over time.
- If the tooth needs a root canal after the veneer is permanently cemented, the procedure may fracture the veneer and the veneer may need to be replaced.
- Bite problems may lead to the veneer chipping or breaking.
Alternatives to placing a veneer are to either leave the tooth as is or to place a composite restoration. Composite restorations remove decay but are limited because they will stain more and do not change the size and color of teeth as well as veneers.
- Porcelain on a veneer may have a good color match with adjacent natural teeth when the veneer is placed but less of a match as your natural teeth age.
- A veneer may chip or break if used for abnormal activities (e.g. biting finger nails, opening bottles).
Get A Beautiful Smile With Veneers
Do you think your smile needs a makeover? Cosmetic dentist Dr. Allan Acton offers a variety of solutions to give you a brilliant, beautiful smile, including prepless veneers. An easy and convenient dental solution for many, prepless veneers can be exactly what you need to freshen up your smile by giving it a beautiful new look. Unlike traditional porcelain veneers, prepless veneers such as DURAthin don’t require shaping, or prepping your teeth.
What does this mean to you? At Cary Family Dental, located in Cary close to Morrisville and Apex NC, we can help you achieve an incredibly natural looking smile with less tooth preparation and at the same cost as porcelain veneers.
Benefits of Prepless Veneers
- Prepless veneers are beautiful and natural looking.
- A tooth veneer like DURAthin requires little or no shaping/prepping of your natural tooth
- Prepless dental veneers are a more conservative tooth veneer procedure. They require little or no work done to your teeth prior to application and very little change to your natural tooth’s structure.
Why Choose Prepless Veneers
Natural Looking | Prepless dental veneers can be an excellent choice if you generally have good tooth alignment and coloring. Because a tooth veneer like DURAthin can be thinner than other porcelain veneers, they can be ideal for someone who isn’t interested in a drastic change.Convenient | If Dr. Acton, your dentist in Cary NC, recommends prepless veneers, there is less shaping done to your teeth, greatly decreasing the need for preparation and the overall time for the procedure.
Conservative | You don’t need to worry about permanent damage to your underlying teeth when receiving DURAthin veneers. During a prepless veneer procedure, little to no “preparation” (tooth shaping and material removal) is needed to prepare the tooth for placement.
Beauty | As with traditional veneers, prepless veneers can give your smile a stunning makeover and give you a gorgeous new smile without extensive shaping.
Schedule a Dental Veneers Consultation
Contact us at Cary Family Dental today to find out more about how DURAthin prepless veneers can beautify your smile! We would love to work with you to give you a beautiful smile. If you are in the Raleigh area, from Morrisville to Apex, NC, give us a call!
What Our Patients Are Saying!
As a first time patient, I was warmly welcomed and every person I came in contact with was very friendly. I received a thorough cleaning and was very informed of my needs and any procedure that might be performed.Cindy Covil
I have been a patient of Dr. Acton's for 19 years. You can trust him to listen to you and address your needs and/or fears. He has the most up to date procedures and invest in training all of the staff on both the latest techniques and customer service... I feel safe and well cared for at each of my appointments.Darlene Germano
Dr. Acton is great at what he does and I highly recommend using Cary Family Dental as your new Dentist! PS - their new building is awesome and they have TVs on the ceiling so you can watch when you are getting cleaned!Nathan Campbell
I have been with cary family dental for a few years now and always leave happy! I actually am looking forward to going to this dentist. All staff is always friendly and seem to really care about my well being.Ida Kaeser