A family dentist may be the most important health care provider in your life. That’s because family dentists are uniquely oriented toward the prevention of disease, as well as toward your overall dental health. From Cary Family Dental, here are some facts about teeth:
- Children’s teeth are soft until about age 10.
- A tooth with a crown can still get a cavity.
- Your gum tissue is as essential as your teeth.
- Some home faucet water filters remove fluoride.
- 19 percent of kids between the ages of 2 and 19 have untreated tooth decay.
- Allergies can cause tooth grinding.
- Dried fruit is just as bad for teeth as sticky candy.
- Tooth enamel cannot repair itself, though dentin and cementum (the substance that surrounds the tooth root) are capable of partial regeneration.
- Chewing sugarless gum after meals can help remove food particles on your teeth. You still need to brush, but if you can’t brush immediately after meals, sugarless gum can help keep your teeth clean.
- Cavities often don’t cause pain until they have reached the root and nerve of the tooth. Visit your dentist regularly to prevent cavities or at least to detect them when they are small.
At Cary Family Dental, we are focused on healthy teeth and gums. Emphasizing oral health and hygiene helps our patients avoid progressive oral diseases that, if left untreated, can result in pain and lost time at work or school. That’s why we provide thorough cleanings and examinations, and urge our patients to see us every six months. We provide general and family dentistry, along with popular cosmetic dentistry options like teeth whitening. Make an appointment today.
Contact Cary Family Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):