The Sedation Dentist for Raleigh’s western suburbs including Cary, Morrisville and Apex NC
Perhaps you may have an unpleasant memory from your childhood of an unprofessional dental practitioner, or you may be somewhat embarrassed that you haven’t been keeping up with your regular check ups. Experienced and compassionate sedation dentists like Dr. Acton understand your concerns and can make your next trip to the dentist completely relaxing and fear free with the use of sedation dentistry options like nitrous oxide and conscious sedation.
Cary Family Dental is excited to announce it will begin offering IV Sedation to patients in 2018. IV sedation offers a higher level of sedation for patients with intense fear or phobia of the dentist, or for patients receiving a large amount of dental work in a single visit. Intravenous (I.V.) sedation is the administration of a sedative into the vein through a small needle. IV sedation is a dream-like state of deep relaxation. You are conscious during sedation, but are able to relax and not be bother by the dental procedure taking place. Most of the time there is little to no memory of the experience after the sedation wears off.
IV Sedation is commonly used during implant placements, wisdom tooth extractions, and other types of invasive dental treatments, or for patients experiencing a high level of dental anxiety.
Benefits of IV Sedation
- Higher Sedation Level | IV sedation can provide an experience of a higher level of sedation. The gag reflex is minimized and the state of relaxation is deeper compared to oral sedation methods.
- Safe & Quick | Since the sedation is administered directly into the vein, the medicine takes effect quickly and can be monitored and tailored to the individual needs.
- Conscious Sleep-Like State | Patients remain conscious during IV sedation, as opposed to general anesthesia. This means the patients can still receive instruction from the dentists and will avoid the potential risks and costs associated with unconscious general anesthesia.
- Little to No Memory of Procedure | IV sedation often causes amnesia during the time of use, so the dental visit will pass quickly and not be remembered.
Why Choose a Sedation Dentist?
What Can Sedation Dentistry Do for You?
- Alleviate Your Fears | If you’ve avoided making the call to set up a dental appointment, visiting sedation dentists Dr. Allan Acton will eliminate the need for worry. Dr. Acton is the sedation dentist in the Morrisville – Cary – Apex NC area that can help you overcome your fears.
- Increase Your Comfort | Thanks to conscious sedation, our doctors can perform the recommended dental procedures while you are peacefully and safely sedated.
- Encourage Regular Dental Health Care | Conscious sedation will give you the confidence and comfort level to visit the dentist regularly. This means better overall health and lessens the chance that you’ll develop serious dental health problems in the future.
- Peace of Mind | Thanks to sedation dentistry and your new regular oral health care habits, you can rest assured that your dental health care needs are being met.
If you live in the Raleigh-Durham area and would like to be relaxed, calm and confident during your dental care, contact a sedation dentist at Cary Family Dental today to find out more information about sedation dentistry! Fearful patients come from all over, including locally from Apex, Morrisville and, of course, Cary, that have nitrous oxide or conscious sedation as part of their dental appointment.