Sedation and Dental Implant Dentist in Raleigh, NC
Schedule a consult with Dr. Parekh to see if IV sedation is right for you.
Originally from Albany, N.Y., Dr. Parth Parekh graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Buffalo with a B.S. in Biomedical Sciences and a minor in Mathematics and graduated top 10 in his class while earning a Doctorate in Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) from the University of Buffalo School of Dental Medicine.
Dr. Parekh provides unparalleled patient care in areas of cosmetic, restorative, and full-mouth rehabilitation and focuses his efforts on developing meaningful, long-lasting relationships with all of his patients. Dr. Parekh is best known for using his vast training in sedation dentistry to make even the most apprehensive patients feel comfortable and at ease at Cary Family Dental.
Before joining the Cary Family Dental team, Dr. Parekh completed a two-year General Practice Residency at the Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University, where he received extensive training in surgical and implant dentistry, intravenous (I.V.) sedation, wisdom teeth extractions, Invisalign, and managing medically compromised and anxious patients.
Dr. Parekh is one of the youngest recipient in the nation of the highly coveted Fellowship in the International Congress of Implantologists after having placed over 200 implants during his time in residency. In addition, he is one of the few dentists that has passed the written test and is pursuing a Fellowship in the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. In his quest to perfect his skills in implant dentistry and intravenous sedation, Dr. Parekh completed 360 hours of continued education in a nine-month implant continuum at the AAID MaxiCourse and performed over 175 I.V. sedations during his two-year residency in Augusta, Georgia.
It was while he was pursuing his passion in implant dentistry that he discovered a love for teaching. Dr. Parekh has assisted in teaching the hands-on components of placing and restoring implants, performing IV sedation, and bone grafting procedures to dentists and residents from all around the nation that have now integrated these skills into their own private practices. He continues to volunteer his time as a part-time clinical instructor in the Department of Oral Rehabilitation at the Dental College of Georgia, where he focuses on mentoring dental residents in implant and sedation dentistry.
Dr. Parekh is a firm believer in giving back to underprivileged communities nationally and internationally and has traveled to remote areas of Tennessee and the Dominican Republic to provide free dental services for those in need. In his free time, he loves to travel with his wife Rima, attend sporting events, exercise, cook, and spend time with family and friends.
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
- AAID Maxicourse Continuum
- Augusta University Intravenous Conscious Sedation
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- North Carolina Dental Society (NCDS)
Advanced Training and Credentials:
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences – State University of New York at Buffalo
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) – University of Buffalo School of Dental Medicine
- General Practice Residency (GPR) – Augusta University Dental College of Georgia
- Certified and Licensed in Oral and IV Sedation
- Fellow – International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Certificate in Advanced Bone and Soft Tissue Grafting from Russo Seminars
- Invisalign Certified
- Osseodensification Training
- Advanced Cerec Training
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS)