Hello! If you want to floss regularly but are too tired at night, this post is for you. In our Cary Family Dental blog, we want to give you a few ideas for unique times to floss and keep your teeth and gums healthy.
1. If you’re an early riser, try flossing in the morning right after you brush.
2. Try just after lunch, but before you go back to work.
3. Before or after you exercise. Your oral health is just as important as your physical fitness. Keep some floss in your gym bag and give your teeth and gums some attention along with the rest of your body.
4. While catching up on your favorite Netflix series.
5. While taking a bath. Any task is more enjoyable if it can be done while relaxing in a warm tub. Queue your relaxation playlist and turn off your phone for an at-home spa experience.
Flossing is critical for anyone who wants to have a healthy smile. I hope this gives you some ideas to help you make flossing part of your daily routine. Just before bedtime, however, is still the best choice. Food particles left on teeth can turn into plaque while you sleep. The bacteria in plaque erodes enamel, creates cavities, and adversely affects gum tissue.
If you want to improve your smile, look into cosmetic dentistry procedures such as teeth whitening, invisible braces or porcelain veneers.
My name is Dr. Allan Acton. My practice is located in Cary. Helping my dental patients establish good habits is important to me, as well as helping them achieve the smile they want with cosmetic dentistry procedures such as veneers, porcelain crowns, and complete smile makeovers.
We are currently accepting new patients, so give us a call at 919-371-4428 to make an appointment!