With Halloween only two weeks away, Dr. Acton and Dr. Maj know that there will soon be many tricks and treats! While this festive holiday is full of costumes and fun community activities, it can also be a harmful time for the teeth of young trick-or-treaters in our Cary, NC neighborhoods.
With all of the sugary, sticky, and chewy treats that are often shared with trick-or-treaters, it is important to follow these simple tips to prevent cavities this Halloween:
• Brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste at least twice daily
• Gently brush your gums to keep them healthy (when choosing a toothbrush it is recommended to use soft bristles)
• Floss your teeth at least once a day to remove plaque and food that may be caught between the teeth where your toothbrush can’t reach
• Limit the amount of soda and sugary treats you eat/drink
• Be sure to visit your dentist every six months for a teeth cleaning and check-up
For more information on cavities and good oral hygiene habits, or to schedule your next appointment at Cary Family Dental, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 919-439-5330.